The Bellwether of Belvedere
- Building green can be a challenge to really pull off—not to mention afford—but as the following seven houses from our pages show, the payback is huge.
- From the deck of this waterfront house, the scenery is abuzz with Northern California wildlife–but there's not a utility bill in sight.
- An architect and artist flee Dublin for the countryside to build a biodegradable house and raise their children.
- Without altering its turn-of-the-20th-century facade, architect Christopher Polly transformed the rear of this Newtown, Australia, home from bleak to bright.
- A renovation shouldn’t be confined to the interior of a house. Landscape design is just as important to the modernization of a home.
- In this spotlight on materials in the modern home: marble. We examine four residences that make use of the natural stone.
- Mill Valley, California, might not be a hotbed of modernism, but it was here, ten years ago, that Dwell came into the world alongside founder Lara Hedberg Deam’s first home—now renovated…
- Caught in the grip of the worst drought in a century, Australians are showering together.