Off the Beaten Path
- A couple in northern Italy trade a cramped flat for a renovated farmhouse in the country.
- In southwest England, interior designer and avid furniture collector Kathryn Tyler built her home around the vintage pieces she’d amassed over a decade.
- A dramatic house in Australia drew its architectural inspiration from Mies van der Rohe but got its color from fresh tomato sauce.
- Perhaps best known for cheese, beer, and Bart Starr, Wisconsin has emerged in recent years as something of a laboratory for intelligent, modern architecture.
- Clean, modern design need not end at your front door.
- Whether it's indoors or outdoors, for practical use or aesthetics, a fireplace is a great addition to any home.
- As summer comes to an end, we cheers to seven of our favorite outdoor spaces before the furniture is packed away for the winter.
- Mill Valley, California, might not be a hotbed of modernism, but it was here, ten years ago, that Dwell came into the world alongside founder Lara Hedberg Deam’s first home—now renovated…