Off the Beaten Path
- As summer comes to an end, we cheers to seven of our favorite outdoor spaces before the furniture is packed away for the winter.
- Clean, modern design need not end at your front door.
- Whether it's indoors or outdoors, for practical use or aesthetics, a fireplace is a great addition to any home.
- Islands provide their inhabitants with a sense of peace, and their architects with a set of real challenges, from rough topography to sites reachable only by boat.
- Perhaps best known for cheese, beer, and Bart Starr, Wisconsin has emerged in recent years as something of a laboratory for intelligent, modern architecture.
- A high-impact, modern fireplace can be the heart and hearth of the home, providing a visual anchor in any room, indoors or out. Click through the slideshow to check out five of our favorites.
- North Haven, a rocky island in Maine’s Penobscot Bay, is quintessentially New England. As it happens, so is this boat barn–inspired brand of rugged, regional modernism.
- Architect Cary Tamarkin designed his family's summer house for snoozing.