- Everyone needs a room to call their own; better still, a room with a breathtaking view. Here, a few of our favorites from stories past.
- For this rural Ontario home, building sustainably was less about high-tech gizmos than learning to truly love the land.
- Coffee shop and bakery owner Greg Martin kept baker’s hours to whip this chimerical Minneapolis building into a modern confection.
- Massachusetts has a long and storied history of progressivism, one that is reflected in these groundbreaking designs from Dwell's archives.
- The Media Lab at MIT is an unmatched incubator of unlikely partnerships -- where academia and industry hold hands, and where art and technology are inseparable.
- How an unfussy, nearly zero-energy family home in Santa Cruz, California, wound up with hay bales in the walls, a state-of-the-art heat pump system, and six very happy residents.
- It must be the chill in the air that has us thinking of Norway—lovely, freezing Norway. Here are six modern houses that make the place look downright cozy.
- The Lighthouse, by British architects Sheppard Robson, seeks to redefine the future of residential energy by plugging into the sky itself.