Bach to the Beach
- You may not be able to get away from your desk today, but you can take a short visual vacation courtesy of these eight scenes from the Dwell archives.
- I've admired Kiwi architect Gerald Parsonson's work for some time.
- A renovated concrete abode in Belgium, Jonathan Adler's quirky Shelter Island beachside retreat, and a British farmhouse are just a few projects in our collection of living rooms that showcase the…
- A layout, strategic window placement, and bright colors can help keep things cool and connected to the outdoors.
- Any time of year, including winter, is ideal for enjoying a home close to the shore. To follow, we offer 7 from our archives with very different points of view.
- On a lakeside plot outside Toronto, four friends forge a new kind of vacation house.
- Spying a body of water—be it a placid lake, roaring ocean, glassy pond, or snaking river—from your bedroom window is one of the fairest sights one can see.
- On New Zealand’s Great Barrier Island, two architects designed a petite holiday home that takes care of its own water, electricity, and sewage needs.