An Atypical Modern Home in Southern California
- Siding is a pretty dull subject—unless you're talking about charred cedar cladding, which makes our hearts go pitter-patter.
- Shou-sugi-ban, a Japanese wood-charring technique, is emerging as one of builders' and woodworkers' favorite trends this year.
- These twin sun-drenched San Diego abodes prove that two decks are better than one.
- A Southern California architect approaches his family home as an experiment in sustainable design.
- The renovation of Katie and John Eller's Park Street Residence in the Bernal Heights neighborhood of San Francisco began with a referral from a friend: "She said, 'I want your architect and your…
Go behind the scenes of the photo shoot for "The Hidden Fortress," a feature story in our September 2011 issue that covers the Wabi House, a Japanese-inspired design in Carlsbad, California, by Sebastian Mariscal Studio.
- As the long weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up five of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Eight riffs on the cozy cabin typology that make the most of a forest setting with modern architecture that connects to the outdoors.