Aluminum Clad Residential Units in San Francisco
- White is the traditional color for kitchens, denoting hygiene, brightness, and modernity.
- White traditionally signifies purity and cleanliness—and where better to send that signal than in the bathroom? Take inspiration from these five luxurious, all-white rooms.
"In Judaica shops you can occasionally find a nice menorah or pair of candlesticks, but there isn't a body of these objects that represents contemporary thought and certainly not contemporary design," says designer Stanley Saitowitz. "I looked pretty broadly at what was available on the market, and not finding anything beyond a nice matzah plate here or there lead me to the conclusiuon that I'd have to make them." Enter now to take home a pair of Saitowitz's candlesticks, which were featured in our May 2012 issue and in an exhibition at the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco.
- San Francisco is Dwell’s birthplace, so it’s no surprise that we have featured many fantastic modern homes from the city by the bay. See some from our archives!
- The South African-born, San Francisco-based architect Stanley Saitowitz is no stranger to the intersection of Judaism and design.
- San Francisco is a hotspot for incredible architecture—and this past year was no exception.
- A San Francisco-based lecture series, Design Assembly, kicked off with a talk from one of the dons of contemporary furniture, Giulio Cappellini.
- Footbridges can join an older structures to a new additions, or close a gulf between a house and the street. And when good design is part of the mix, they can add a decorative touch.