All Together Now
- An affordable city-living situation need not come to an end once children are in the picture; these five family apartments show how to make it work.
- Kids' rooms often tread transitionary territory when it comes to modern design. What might be good for a five-month-old may not work well to when he or she is five years old.
- Bunk beds are a double design whammy when it comes to kids' rooms: They encourage imaginative play and save space in one fell swoop.
- As the writer Victor Hugo once said, "There is nothing like a dream to create the future." These three unconventional homes from Llers, Spain to The Big Apple transcend from the norm with their…
- A holding cell for clutter, a landing pad for laundry. Why is the bedroom so often an afterthought?
- Living small is par for the course in New York City, but accommodating a family of four in under 700 square feet rarely looks as effortless as in this storage-smart renovation.
- When space is tight, designers often eke out additional (hidden) square footage by going deep—into the walls and furnishings themselves.
- Faced with the challenge of a diminutive New York apartment in desperate need of a refresh, architect Tim Seggerman went straight to his toolbox to craft a Nakashima-inspired interior.