All Together Now
- An affordable city-living situation need not come to an end once children are in the picture; these five family apartments show how to make it work.
- Kids' rooms often tread transitionary territory when it comes to modern design. What might be good for a five-month-old may not work well to when he or she is five years old.
- Bunk beds are a double design whammy when it comes to kids' rooms: They encourage imaginative play and save space in one fell swoop.
- As the writer Victor Hugo once said, "There is nothing like a dream to create the future." These three unconventional homes from Llers, Spain to The Big Apple transcend from the norm with their…
- A holding cell for clutter, a landing pad for laundry. Why is the bedroom so often an afterthought?
- Faced with the challenge of a diminutive New York apartment in desperate need of a refresh, architect Tim Seggerman went straight to his toolbox to craft a Nakashima-inspired interior.
- When space is tight, designers often eke out additional (hidden) square footage by going deep—into the walls and furnishings themselves.
- When David Carmel decided to propose to Kirsten Axelsen, he was at home in Manhattan and she was in Ethiopia, working to eliminate trachoma (the world’s leading cause of preventable blindness).