All Together Now
- An affordable city-living situation need not come to an end once children are in the picture; these five family apartments show how to make it work.
- Bunk beds are a double design whammy when it comes to kids' rooms: They encourage imaginative play and save space in one fell swoop.
- For our first post in a series featuring inspiring, clutter-free rooms, we begin with the space that is arguably the most important to keep clear of all visual noise: the bedroom.
- A holding cell for clutter, a landing pad for laundry. Why is the bedroom so often an afterthought?
- Kids' rooms often tread transitionary territory when it comes to modern design. What might be good for a five-month-old may not work well to when he or she is five years old.
- As the writer Victor Hugo once said, "There is nothing like a dream to create the future." These three unconventional homes from Llers, Spain to The Big Apple transcend from the norm with their…
- When David Carmel decided to propose to Kirsten Axelsen, he was at home in Manhattan and she was in Ethiopia, working to eliminate trachoma (the world’s leading cause of preventable blindness).
- Living small is par for the course in New York City, but accommodating a family of four in under 700 square feet rarely looks as effortless as in this storage-smart renovation.