- One of our perennial favorite departments at Dwell is Off the Grid, our monthly section devoted to sustainable architecture, materials and techniques.
- On May 4, 2007, Greensburg, Kansas, was wiped off the map. An EF5 tornado ravaged the small town of 1,400 residents, destroying or severely damaging 95 percent of the city.
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, focuses on modern homes that tread lightly on the earth.
- This week, the American Institute of Architects' Committe on the Environment (COTE) announced its Top Ten Green Projects.
- One of the most common obstacles to going green is upfront costs (though we all know the long-term savings are plentiful).
- If going green at home was so simple, everyone would do it right? And though it makes sense in theory, actually bringing a sustainable plan to life is often easier said than done.
- People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, which probably isn't an issue when the glass house is a commune.
- The Boy Scouts of America builds a sustainable tree house in West Virginia.