The Airstream Life
First came the idea. Then came the late nights of Craigslist searching. And then it happened quickly: a trip to a derelict horse ranch in the Salinas Valley, an exchange of cash in an old barn, and a harrowing towing adventure up Highway 101 netted me my current abode—a 1959 Airstream travel trailer.
@current / @total
- Time for that tired old backsplash to go? Here are five ideas for new looks, ranging from top-of-the-line modern tile to the ultimate DIY version for an Airstream trailer.
- In our September 2012 "Open House" issue, we covered the renovated airstream of Austin, Texas's Stubb's. With the help of designer Burton Baldridge, the renowned concert venue…
- When compiling the list of the 20 most popular modern homes featured throughout Dwell's 12-year history, certain themes began to surface: small space projects, renovations, unconventional living…
- From renovated Airstreams to futuristic cars, these roaming residences represent the past, present, and future of mobile living.
- A couple in Israel seizes the rare chance to rehab a 1969 Airstream to experiment with indoor-outdoor, space-efficient living.
- From X to Y, from Z to A, these homes got the metal treatment without missing a beat.
- From tents to trailers, we take a look at homes that push the boundaries of traditional architecture.
- "I found the Airstream in the high desert of Anza, California, and thought it was a pure TLC job.