Ahead of Its Class
“How do you make a piece of architecture about architecture?” Mack Scogin asks. “That’s a heavy-duty objective.” Nevertheless, his firm, Mack Scogin Merrill Elam Architects, accepted the challenge, designing the consummate teaching tool for Ohio State University’s architecture school: a brand-new building.
@current / @total
- A decade ago, the Ohio State University Austin E.
- Architect Keith Moskow grew up doing grunt construction work. His dad was a builder and after his first year of college, he helped build their family's summer home.
- In San Francisco, local food rules.
- Toronto-based firm Levitt Goodman Architects is known for its green designs.
- For many setting out to make it on their own, a storefront is a destination.
- Karen Curtiss of San Francisco architecture and design firm Red Dot Studio transforms a warehouse into a cheerful preschool.
- In Alabama, a commercial building with a multifarious past begins a fresh chapter for a young family after a modern renovation.
- This modern log cabin from architecture students at Auburn University was designed to be completed for $20,000—an admirable solution for the down-at-heel looking to put down roots.