8 One-Room Wonders
- Embracing small spaces requires maximizing functionality and minimizing material objects. Here are seven of the tiniest houses featured in Dwell, all under 400-square-feet.
- Sure, clothes can go in a standard-issue dresser or closet, but where's the fun in that?
- Partitioning small spaces may seem counterintuitive, but when combined with storage solutions, room dividers can make compact homes feel bigger and more multifunctional.
- Here at Dwell HQ in San Francisco, most of us reside in apartments and small ones at that, so we have a special place in our hearts for small space inspiration.
- We can never get enough of great big design in tiny spaces—especially when it comes to efficient, space-saving bathrooms.
- Corrugated metal is a repeat offender in many modern homes. Architects love it for its affordability, availability, and durability.
- When space is tight, designers often eke out additional (hidden) square footage by going deep—into the walls and furnishings themselves.
- If your itty bitty bathroom is ready for a redo, check out these 12 projects that make the most of limited space with clever tricks.