7 Homes Sporting Gorgeous Glass
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- 2011’s “Beach Houses We Love” is a perennial favorite. Here, we’ve compiled five more of our most popular waterfront homes.
- In many cities, space is limited. These seven Japanese homes feature innovative storage options, tiny gardens and modern design.
- Sometimes you want to let the whole world in and other times…not so much. Here, we celebrate the architectural antidote to floor-to-ceiling glass: the tiny accent window.
- On a secluded plot of land in Watch Hill, Rhode Island, Brooklyn's Lubrano Ciavarra Architects crafts a modern weekend house designed to frame its landscape.
- It can be a challenge to achieve a feeling of coziness without making a space seem cluttered. But spatial restrictions sometimes produce the most creative solutions.
- A wide expanse of glass is a classic hallmark of modern architecture, and with good reason: Walls and windows that blur the boundaries of indoor and outdoor spaces by employing glass create feelings…
- Constrained by minimal square footage, small houses run the risk of feeling cramped and claustrophobic. The best solutions often involve copious amounts of natural light.