5 Daring Hillside Homes
- Eight modern homes that incorporate sustainable building practices into their oceanfront locations.
- With its mild climate, endless surf, and amazing views of the Andes, Chile is an ideal destination for nature lovers.
- A set of solar panels, a wind-powered well, and passive sustainable strategies make living miles from municipal utilities a non-issue for this Chilean beachgoer.
- A quintessential backyard element, the swing adds levity to outdoor spaces. These seven pieces give new perspective to their homes whether hung from a tree, on a porch, and even inside.
- You may not be able to get away from your desk today, but you can take a short visual vacation courtesy of these eight scenes from the Dwell archives.
- Whether the room brings the backyard in or vice versa, these dwellings mesh the beauty of the outdoors with the comfort of being inside.
- Here at Dwell, we love a good form, but only in tandem with function.
- When tricky terrain poses construction problems, hoisting a prefabricated home up on stilts offers a practical, eco-friendly solution.