2011 IIDA NC Honor Awards
The International Interior Design Association Northern California Chapter threw their party of the year on March 2 to toast the 2011 IIDA NC Honor Award winners. At the historic Fox Theater in Oakland, California, hosts Charles Uehrke and Nancy Graham played up a packed house of designers representing the chapter's regions, which include San Francisco/East Bay/North Bay, Silicon Valley, Sacramento, Fresno, and Honolulu. The jury reviewed projects in six categories represented in the past (Live: Anyplace one can call home, Work Big: Office spaces over 20,000 useable square feet, Work Small: Office spaces under 20,000 useable square feet, Play: Where we entertain ourselves, Shop: Where we sell goods, Serve: Where we meet, WOW: Best of show) plus one new category, Heal: Spaces that nurture our bodies and well-being. Here we feature the honor, merit, and notable winners of each category (noting that not all levels are awarded in each category and multiple winners can be announced for each category).
@current / @total
- San Francisco is a hotspot for incredible architecture—and this past year was no exception.
- On Thursday, the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum announced the winners of its 11th annual National Design Awards.
- Each January, the American Institute of Architects awards its annual Honor Awards to the top designs in architecture, interior architecture, and regional and urban design.
- The BIO biennial in Ljubljana has been highlighting contemporary trends in international design for close to fifty years now, but not everyone on the global circuit might be aware of the diverse…
- This year's Dwell on Design exhibitors presented an impressive array of goods ranging from kitchen and bath, furniture and accessories, outdoor, and lighting products.
- We're thrilled to announce the winners of Inside 2013, a design contest seeking to "promote the research, exploration, and investigation currently happening amongst today's emerging talent." Using…
- CMG Landscape Architecture is one of the coolest firms working in San Francisco today.
- This weekend, Design Competition: New Cottages at Fallingwater exhibition closes at the Heinz Architectural Center at Carnegie Museum of Art in Pittsburgh.