The 20 Most Popular Homes in Dwell
When compiling the list of the 20 most popular modern homes featured throughout Dwell's 12-year history, certain themes began to surface: small space projects, renovations, unconventional living situations, and crisp, Spartan interiors. Click through for a look at the projects, ranging in scope from prefab prototypes to communal living and more.
Showing image @current of @total
- The locations may be far flung—from rural Missouri to Eglisau, Switzerland—the residents might be architects, families, or weekend warriors, but the constant is prefabrication in our…
- As architect Frank Lloyd Wright once advised his students, "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
- Intelligent, appealing, and affordable, Charlie Lazor’s user-friendly FlatPak just might be the project that revolutionizes the prefab industry.
- If you're short on kitchen space but big on design, never fear—the following 10 kitchens will help you fill your galley with great, space-saving ideas.
- This place was a filthy dump when we bought it,” says Cathryn Barmon, sipping tea in a knockoff Le Corbusier chair. “I didn’t want to go barefoot until we’d redone the floors.
- When the plan to add a second story to a century-old Montreal house crumbled due to a weak foundation, architect Marc-André Plasse eked out another 500 square feet with a clever multilevel…
- We published and you read. Here's part three of our series on the most popular homes ever featured in Dwell. Find 1-20 here and 21-40 here.
- The ingenuity of architects and design-minded residents is often best showcased in designs for homes with less than ample square footage.