10 Ways to Deck Out a Wooden Beach House
- Whether you prefer to strap on skis or lounge by the pool, these vacation homes are inspiration enough to start planning your getaway.
- It may be the last bastion of the American Way in the frigid north, but Alaska is also home to some stunning modern homes. We visited one amazing Alaskan house in our July/August 2013 issue.
- You may not be able to get away from your desk today, but you can take a short visual vacation courtesy of these eight scenes from the Dwell archives.
- Islands provide their inhabitants with a sense of peace, and their architects with a set of real challenges, from rough topography to sites reachable only by boat.
- In honor of the summer travel season, we've collected 7 modern getaways in far-flung locations from India to New Zealand to Greece.
- We get our hands dirty with 9 homes that celebrate the great outdoors and nearly 50 new backyard furniture ideas for spring.
- As these five projects prove, a modern deck or porch can play many creative roles—as a play space, hangout spot, dining area, and more.
- North Haven, a rocky island in Maine’s Penobscot Bay, is quintessentially New England. As it happens, so is this boat barn–inspired brand of rugged, regional modernism.