10 Modern Brick Homes
- From a 19th-century stable in Chicago to a former one-room schoolhouse in Wisconsin, these renovations in the Midwest marry charming histories with modern sensibilities.
- Brick is a versatile material that’s made the transition from traditional building block to modern accent almost seamlessly.
- Born as a horse stable, the Brick Weave House in Chicago is all about transportation and transparency.
- Making the most of vertical space unleashes the potential of a petite San Francisco project.
- In the second installment of our series on tiny kitchens, we bring you space-savers in New York, Hollywood, Tokyo, and beyond.
- The materials most closely associated with modernism are steel and concrete but the building block of the ages is—and will likely remain—brick.
- What constitutes good modern design in a historic district? Kansas City architecture firm Kem Studio proposes a solution that respects the past and is firmly rooted in the present.
- The ability to mass produce automobiles made garages a staple in mid-century design. From the Chicago suburbs to rural Montana, here are seven modernizations on this home necessity.