10 Modern Brick Homes
- Brick is a versatile material that’s made the transition from traditional building block to modern accent almost seamlessly.
- Born as a horse stable, the Brick Weave House in Chicago is all about transportation and transparency.
- Affectionate homeowners and architects have beckoned these classic homes into the modern era with sleek, midcentury modern additions that distinguish them from their contemporaries.
- The materials most closely associated with modernism are steel and concrete but the building block of the ages is—and will likely remain—brick.
- From a Greek and Gothic revival to the birth of suburbs, the 1800s brought about new innovations in technology and architectural styles embody those historic changes.
- Rounding up a few remarkable renovation and preservation architecture projects in the Bay Area, courtesy of SPUR and San Francisco Architectural Heritage.
- Mezzanines are, by definition, in-between spaces—neither here, nor there; neither upstairs nor down. But mezzanines needn't be wasted space.
- Whether industrial, romantic, or classic, brick interiors are always modern.