The Saguaro, Scottsdale
This 5.5-acre property is a much-needed hotel option in Scottsdale and a welcome splash of color in the mundane beiges of the Sonoran desert. Despite breaking out from the shackles of traditional design, Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat of Stamberg Aferiat Architecture still paid homage to the landscape and the Southwest by blending the original buildings' classic "International style" architecture with the invigorating colors of twelve indigenous flowers.
@current / @total
- From the high-drama NoMad in New York City to a revived mid-century gem in Desert Hot Springs, California, we've pulled together a selection of our favorite American hotels featuring modern…
- Vacations are lively and adventurous when staying at one of these brightly-colored hotels.
- From a renovated cottage in England to a family home in Brooklyn, these six modern homes make the last letter on the color wheel look regal by its creative insertions indoors and out.
- Over 10,000 fans follow our Pinterest board devoted to modern hotels and travel (you should, too!). Enjoy a few of our favorites places from around the globe at a glance here.
- With the winter weather comes dreams of an escape, which inspires us to consider the following modern hotels by forward-thinking architects and designers Dwell loves.
- After visiting The Saguaro in Palm Springs during Modernism Week, we found ourselves hooked on the Stamberg Aferiat + Associates renovated hotel and wanted to see more from the duo behind it.
- At the base of Echo Mountain in Phoenix, a geometric home by Wendell Burnette opens up to the surrounding desert landscape.
- A major perk of reporting the story "John Lautner's Desert Rose" for our June 2012 issue?