Rodrigo Nino Wants to Crowdfund Your Next Hotel
Getting in on the ground floor of a Manhattan real estate development can be a prohibitive investment for many. The ambitious 17 John project, an extended stay hotel being proposed by Rodrigo Nino’s Prodigy Network, may change all that, while showcasing how an alternative funding and crowdsourcing can give the community more say in future developments.
@current / @total
- From Renzo Piano's Le Meridien Lingotto in Turin, Italy to Frank Lloyd Wright's Price Tower in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, check out these nine most amazing hotel designs from around the world.
- One element of my tour of Melbourne that really surprised me was how much I liked the new Melbourne Convention Center by Hamish Lyon of NH Architecture and Nik Karalis of Woods Bagot.
- Guide yourself through downtown Portland’s gallery district.
- Modernism scales to new heights with these structures, all of which found unique ways to touch the sky.
- After writer Abbie Mood saw this slideshow on the New York Times’ website of Brett’s tipi and Jake’s geodesic dome, she decided to track these two alternative home residents down.
- No backyard? No problem. These indoor gardens show the power of bringing greenery indoors. (And check out these indoor gardening kits to work your own magic!)
- Without any architecture training, Crane built some of the most decadent theaters of the country.
- One of New York's last large-scale urban planning initiatives, the Lower Manhattan Expressway, never came to pass.