Hotel Missoni Kuwait
Gold. Mosaic. Gold. Turquoise. Gold. Did I mention gold? Following the success of Hotel Missoni Edinburgh—a partnership between Rezidor Hotel Group and fashion powerhouse Missoni—the team turned their sights to Kuwait for a second project, which opened in March 2011. Hotel Missoni Kuwait has a glamorous and playful aesthetic, a signature of Missoni Creative Director Rosita Missoni. Here, everything is customized, from the staff apparel to the handpicked furniture and textiles covering the property. Color is the most outstanding feature in the hotel—tropical colors and intricate patterns weave their way through the walls, halls and furnishings, reflecting the country’s cultural affinity with the bold and bright. It's not just about the design—the place is functional and comfortable, too. As Signora Missoni has put it, "Real luxury is good attentive service, and good and comfortable design. This is real luxury—it’s a simple principle, but we kept them as our focus." Here's a look inside.
@current / @total
- Vacations are lively and adventurous when staying at one of these brightly-colored hotels.
- One of my favorite discoveries on my trip to Paris earlier this year was the Hotel Jules, a chic and relatively affordable 100-room hotel on Rue La Fayette in the 9th arrondissement—walkable to…
- From Renzo Piano's Le Meridien Lingotto in Turin, Italy to Frank Lloyd Wright's Price Tower in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, check out these nine most amazing hotel designs from around the world.
If you can't live with yourself for gifting almost $3K worth of headphone, these limited-edition ear speakers were designed with the help of indie record label Fool's Gold.
Both sculptural and functional, this widespread lavatory faucet features a slightly wider base with understated detailing. It's available in a variety of finishes, from polished nickel to brushed gold.
- Now that summer is here, what better time to plan a vacation?
- In Hong Kong, we had the opportunity to check out the new Upper House hotel.
- Over 10,000 fans follow our Pinterest board devoted to modern hotels and travel (you should, too!). Enjoy a few of our favorites places from around the globe at a glance here.