Reader DIY: A Modern Granite Grill
We love hearing stories about how our magazine and website have inspired readers to tackle their own modern design projects, at any scale—whether it be a full-blown house or, as featured on the Letters page of our July/August issue, a combination magazine rack and end table made from repurposed issues of Dwell. So we were excited to receive photos of this BBQ grill, sent in by Luciano Marques.
@current / @total
- In a new book out this August, upcycling ace Danny Seo guides readers through the craft of taking trash and everyday objects and transforming them into "better, brighter, and cooler…
- For those who adore the beauty of a blank-page-in-waiting, behold! The incredible allure of a hardback book you make yourself is just too damn much to resist.
- In the jungles of Maui, artist and builder Tom Sewell has built his own oasis.
- For our October issue we're celebrating the best in American design, so we recently got on the phone with Parsons-trained furniture and lighting designer Joshua Howe who spoke to us from his Hudson,…
- The world is shrinking, dear readers, and it doesn't show any signs of stopping.
- Back in 2012, we reported on a marble-and-elm table by Norwegian designer Lars Beller Fjetland.
- "Not ANOTHER George Nelson inspired desk??!!" went designer Ben Klebba's note to us.
- A rainy start to the Brooklyn Home Tour—the closing event of City Modern—didn't deter those who turned out for a peek into five unique homes in Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill, and Boerum…