Jabba the Hutt Pillow
You’d be hard pressed to find someone—in this or any other galaxy, no matter how far, far away—who is not a fan of Star Wars, and the insta-classic from 1977 is now a franchise that clearly needs no introduction. Bonnie Burton is an aficionado of the highest order and, as a lucky Lucasfilm employee, keeper of the StarWars.com kids section. Since 2004, she’s been posting regular craft projects bringing beloved characters—and Jar Jar Binks—to googly-eyed life, and recently released The Star Wars Craft Book, the very first published collection of Star-Wars-themed how-tos.
@current / @total
- For those spots where a table will take up too much space and piling your on the floor isn't exactly appealing, try hanging a sling from the wall for a bit of extra decorative storage.
- Ever since I got my hands on a copy of Meg Mateo Ilasco's latest book, Crafting a Meaningful Home, I've been flipping through trying to decide what to start working on first.
- On a cold winter's day a few weeks back, I boarded a train to Brooklyn where I met Clinton Van Gemert and his girlfriend Martha.
- The sun is shining in San Francisco and has been for days, proving yet again that our chilly city's Indian Summer is no myth.
- Does the lack of Jar Jar Binks pillow shams make you want to design your own Star Wars bedsheets? Do plain ol' red-or-blue-bandanas make you crave more creativity for your hobo bindles?
Editors' Picks Products
- For those who adore the beauty of a blank-page-in-waiting, behold! The incredible allure of a hardback book you make yourself is just too damn much to resist.
- Terrariums have once again taken off--just like Indie Mart founder Kelly Malone's San Francisco craft space Workshop.