Braided Rag Vessels
Ever since I got my hands on a copy of Meg Mateo Ilasco's latest book, Crafting a Meaningful Home, I've been flipping through trying to decide what to start working on first. Calling upon creative folks from across the country to share projects with a personal tie, Meg's hardback not only offers a wide-ranging array of 27 things to make, but a lovely portrait and background of all the contributors, too, who range from Lisa Congdon to Billie Lopez and Tootie Maldonado from ReForm School to Derek Fagerstrom and Lauren Smith of Curiosity Shoppe fame. I was drawn to Brooklyn–based Sian Keegan's braided rag vessels when I had a chance to check them out in person at a show at Congdon's Rare Device and, as luck would have it, found all the necessary materials already kicking around my apartment (yesss!).
@current / @total
- For those spots where a table will take up too much space and piling your on the floor isn't exactly appealing, try hanging a sling from the wall for a bit of extra decorative storage.
- For those who adore the beauty of a blank-page-in-waiting, behold! The incredible allure of a hardback book you make yourself is just too damn much to resist.
- You heard us right: this week we're bringing you 31 of the best of Friday Finds, our editors' design, architecture, photography, and video discoveries that we've been collecting in a column for over…
- I've got a habit—a little hoard-y, but not necessarily bad—of buying craft-ish supplies with no concept of what I will do with them.
- You’d be hard pressed to find someone—in this or any other galaxy, no matter how far, far away—who is not a fan of Star Wars, and the insta-classic from 1977 is now a franchise that…
Return to Me’s high-design DIY necklace comes with your choice of silver or 24k gold plated piece, needlepoint needle, thread, and threader, plus practice templates and directions, then it’s up to you to design an awesome pattern that suits your style.
- When I first stumbled upon designer Nathan Vincent's work, I immediately knew I'd found something unique.
- One of the special exhibitions at Tendence was Africa Chic, a collection of objects designed and manufactured in Africa.