Z for Two
- With its slim profile and sleek gray exterior, Lola Oyibo and Eric Boardman’s home in Portland, Oregon bears little resemblance to the house it used to be.
- One of our perennial favorite departments at Dwell is Off the Grid, our monthly section devoted to sustainable architecture, materials and techniques.
- In Eugene, Oregon, designer Ben Waechter turned a residential home into a tea house and sampling room by borrowing ideas from another building typology: the theater.
- We love to play and love places that celebrate our inner, creative, kidlike selves—we dedicated our July/August 2011 issue to the subjects of families, kids, and play after all.
- There's nothing like a good read to escape the blustery blows of winter. This holiday season, here are three enticing graphic design titles from Viction:ary to get you through the cold.
- In this series, Sebastian Mariscal designs a home in Venice, California, that brings the outside in. We track the project from start to finish with future resident Michael Sylvester.
- The first residence built in Tuxedo Park, New York, after World War II wasn’t one of the Shingle-style mansions that proliferated there after the tycoon Pierre Lorillard IV developed the…
- An airy addition on the back of a historic house in Boise is a model of sensitive renovation, seamlessly melding new and old.