Winds of Change
- The Lighthouse, by British architects Sheppard Robson, seeks to redefine the future of residential energy by plugging into the sky itself.
- Boston's rich history is potently infused into its dense, bustling neighborhoods, where the same brick walls that once contained cobbler shops now house Internet startups.
- From solar power and recycled materials to thermal energy and rooftop gardens, these 10 homes are both inspiring and functional models for sustainable living.
- When Greg Reitz was ten years old, he was already so worried about the state of the planet that, without prompting from his parents, he spent his allowance to join Greenpeace.
- Solar panels have a reputation as being unsightly, but this U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon show home sheds the stereotype that photovoltaic arrays are eyesores.
- On New Zealand’s Great Barrier Island, two architects designed a petite holiday home that takes care of its own water, electricity, and sewage needs.
- People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, which probably isn't an issue when the glass house is a commune.
- Coffee shop and bakery owner Greg Martin kept baker’s hours to whip this chimerical Minneapolis building into a modern confection.