Well Thawed Out
- A net-zero prefab home design is set to reinvigorate a down-at-the-heels Los Angeles neighborhood.
- June gloom greeted the Dwell on Design tourists early Saturday morning, but that didn’t damper their enthusiasm to get up close and personal with six residences in Dwell on Design’s…
- What sort of house might a man with the title “recycling coordinator” live in?
- One day last April there was great excitement on Highland Avenue, a quiet, hilly street (on which this writer happens to live) of Craftsman bungalows and 1960s apartment buildings in the Ocean Park…
- From the deck of this waterfront house, the scenery is abuzz with Northern California wildlife–but there's not a utility bill in sight.
- When Greg Reitz was ten years old, he was already so worried about the state of the planet that, without prompting from his parents, he spent his allowance to join Greenpeace.
- In Holland, being green is not a choice, it's a governmentally enforced obligation. Architects Han van Zweiten and Gregory Kiss's project makes a case for obeying the law.
- Pieter Weijnen’s brand of maritime modernism brings a touch of magic to Amsterdam’s Steigereiland, where the architect built his family’s home.