Taking His Own Advice
- Like a little chapel on the prairie, architect Jean-Baptiste Barache’s simply elegant retreat in the tiny Normandy town of Auvillier is a modern play on centuries-old forms and technology.
- Brotherly love takes many forms; in the case of Rob and Eric Brill, it’s a shared passion for modernism.
- In Holland, being green is not a choice, it's a governmentally enforced obligation. Architects Han van Zweiten and Gregory Kiss's project makes a case for obeying the law.
- Thanks to Los Angeles’s Small Lot Subdivision Ordinance, the developers of Auburn 7 were able to maximize their property’s potential.
- By creatively manipulating the angles and levels of exterior surfaces on this modest Polish country house, architect Peter Kuczia achieved exceptionally high solar exposure, increasing its capacity…
- Amid the tall grasses and open skies of the Great Plains, forward-thinking urban planning ideas take root in North Dakota.
- Solar panels have a reputation as being unsightly, but this U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon show home sheds the stereotype that photovoltaic arrays are eyesores.
- Whether you're going up or going down, an artfully constructed staircase never takes you in the wrong direction.