Sustainable Living: Chicago's First Certified Passive House
Click here to view a comprehensive Q&A with Brandon Weiss, president and founder of Weiss Building and Development, as he discusses everything from what a Passive House is to tips on how to minimize losses and maximize passive gains.
Showing image @current of @total
- You heard us right: this week we're bringing you 31 of the best of Friday Finds, our editors' design, architecture, photography, and video discoveries that we've been collecting in a column for over…
- Founded in 2004, Minnesota-based Hive Modular creates affordable high-end prefab homes that minimize exposure of building materials to the elements and boasts a process that delivers a shortened…
- A new book on passive houses by designer Julie Torres Moskovitz highlights the super-green homes of our sustainable present (and future).
- Dwell is a huge fan of Tumblrs for inspiration and pictorial satisfaction. Today, we focus on "Found," a Tumblr created by National Geographic to celebrate their 125th anniversary.
- You may not be able to get away from your desk today, but you can take a short visual vacation courtesy of these eight scenes from the Dwell archives.
- Last week the Architectural League of New York announced the winners of its annual Emerging Voices program.
- Bamboo: It's beautiful, it's sustainable, and it's versatile. What's not to love?
- Photographer Nicholas Calcott first appeared on our radar when he was living in Paris, France. Now, based in New York City, Calcott still travels to France often.