Run by the Sun
- These seven beautiful homes are harnessing the power of the sun and doing it with modern elegance.
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, focuses on modern homes that tread lightly on the earth.
- A set of solar panels, a wind-powered well, and passive sustainable strategies make living miles from municipal utilities a non-issue for this Chilean beachgoer.
- The E+ Green Home, a concept house located an hour outside Seoul, not only points the way to a greener South Korea, it may well be the most sustainable house in the country.
- Hay insulation, passive solar, drought-tolerant gardens: Behold the following 7 houses from Dwell's pages that give back by striving for net-zero status.
- Passive heating and cooling are both cost-efficient measures that ease a new residence's burden on the earth.
- Among the first Passive Houses in France, this bamboo-clad farmhouse by the Parisian firm Karawitz Architecture brings a bit of green to tiny Bessancourt.
- How an unfussy, nearly zero-energy family home in Santa Cruz, California, wound up with hay bales in the walls, a state-of-the-art heat pump system, and six very happy residents.