On the Rock
- One Fall design trend that we are really loving this season is warm wood tones.
- You may not be able to get away from your desk today, but you can take a short visual vacation courtesy of these eight scenes from the Dwell archives.
- Vacation homes shouldn't be a pain—they should be low-maintenance places for respite. Here's how ten lakeside and beachfront retreats use the most low-maintenance of materials: wood.
- As the legendary American impresario Sol Hurok once said, "The sky's the limit if you have a roof over your head.” Here we highlight eight of the best roofs from California to Poland, straight from…
- As San Francisco prepares for a few showers in the next few days, we've gathered up eight of our favorite roofs we'd like to take cover under.
- On the shores of New Zealand’s Lake Wakatipu, architects Bronwen Kerr and Pete Ritchie designed a relaxed family home that reclines into its spectacular landscape.
- There’s always a lot of talk in Washington about creating a “big tent” that embraces diversity, and now the capital finally has one—literally: architect Bing Thom’s new…
- The Brooklyn–based start-up SMIT (Sustainably Minded Interactive Technology) was formed in 2005 by the brother and sister team of Samuel and Teresita Cochran.