Rising to the Occasion
- A husband-and-wife architect team proves a house can be good for the environment—and look great too.
- When most people think of locations for a holiday home, they have visions of beaches, golf courses, spas, and chalets.
- Upon the birth of their first child, artist Stas Orlovski and food stylist Alise Arato felt that their 700-square-foot 1930s bungalow in the Mar Vista area of Los Angeles was too small to accommodate…
- A pair of Arizona–based architects prove that sleeping in a pod is hardly an extraterrestrial experience.
- With designs from 14 countries and five decades inside, it may be an understatement to note that in this suburban home, furniture is the focus.
- A pair of environmentally attuned architects combined adjoining properties in a Los Angeles canyon to house their modernist menagerie.
- Rising out of the Texas bayou, Houston is both a sprawling metropolis and the largest city in the United States without zoning regulations.
- Seeking to harmoniously integrate a modern aesthetic into the varied architectural vernaculars of Mumbai, India, the Brooklyn-based firm Khanna Schultz (made up of the wife-and-husband team of Vrinda…