Resilient Building in the Post-Sandy Era
- As profiled in our "Women of Influence" roundup in our July/August 2012 issue, Yasmeen Lari is the closest thing Pakistan has to a design superhero.
- A new word has been added to the vocabulary of Japanese architects: 3/11.
- There are thousands of architects and designers in the Dwell audience and beyond who are contemplating how they can help with the massive rebuilding effort that will soon get underway in…
- Reclaim NYC was formed in the wake of Hurricane Sandy by designer Brad Ascalon, writer Jennifer K. Gorsche, and Design Pages editor-in-chief Jean Lin.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up five of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Architect as emergency response worker: that’s the concept behind ArchiAid, an organization founded after Japan’s March 11th tsunami and earthquake that aims to help revive the battered…
- Corrugated metal is a repeat offender in many modern homes. Architects love it for its affordability, availability, and durability.
- When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans in 2005, architect and University of Kentucky lecturer Mike McKay felt the pull to go down to the Big Easy to help with a task that was anything but easy:…