Renovating An Aging Mill in France
- What do you get when you give a couple of designers unlimited creative license on a very limited budget? For Andrew Dunbar and Zoee Astrakhan, the possibilities were limitless.
- Passive heating and cooling are both cost-efficient measures that ease a new residence's burden on the earth.
- A set of solar panels, a wind-powered well, and passive sustainable strategies make living miles from municipal utilities a non-issue for this Chilean beachgoer.
- If going green at home was so simple, everyone would do it right? And though it makes sense in theory, actually bringing a sustainable plan to life is often easier said than done.
- In Holland, being green is not a choice, it's a governmentally enforced obligation. Architects Han van Zweiten and Gregory Kiss's project makes a case for obeying the law.
- Browse beautiful and innovative bathroom designs from the pages of Dwell and get inspiration for your own bath tile, toilet, bathtub, bath sink, and shower.
- Among the first Passive Houses in France, this bamboo-clad farmhouse by the Parisian firm Karawitz Architecture brings a bit of green to tiny Bessancourt.
- For this rural Ontario home, building sustainably was less about high-tech gizmos than learning to truly love the land.