- A layout, strategic window placement, and bright colors can help keep things cool and connected to the outdoors.
- Brise soleil—architectural devices that shade structures from sunlight—offer sculptural flourishes and passively cool buildings. We examine five examples from the Dwell archive.
- Here at Dwell, we love a good form, but only in tandem with function.
- Bamboo: It's beautiful, it's sustainable, and it's versatile. What's not to love?
- They say the family that designs together stays together. OK, nobody says that, but there may be something to it.
- As we previously explored in Modern Gables, these five homes provide a well needed break from the hustle and bustle of city life. Take a closer look at these strikingly innovative barn residences.
- While we can all heed that age-old axiom, "Never judge a book by its cover," we're swooning over the façades of these homes.
- Passive heating and cooling are both cost-efficient measures that ease a new residence's burden on the earth.