Passive Acceptance: 7 Energy-Efficient Homes
- A new book on passive houses by designer Julie Torres Moskovitz highlights the super-green homes of our sustainable present (and future).
- Each week Dwell.com delivers many great original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, focuses on modern homes that tread lightly on the earth.
- When 33-year-old Japanese architect Miwa Mori was a student in Germany, she learned a lot about architecture by observing fashion.
- If going green at home was so simple, everyone would do it right? And though it makes sense in theory, actually bringing a sustainable plan to life is often easier said than done.
- Unlike its next-door neighbor, R-House, TED wasn’t originally planned to meet the exacting Passive House standard.
- From New York to Los Angeles, these self-sufficient homes prove that you don't have to live in the middle of nowhere to be off-the-grid.
- Calling upon midcentury modern archetypes, Curt Cline of Modern House Architects designed a residence in Los Altos, California, built with Passive House principles in mind.