Operation Desert Shed
- Happy Thursday! As the weekend approaches, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- The rusted red corrugated-steel canopy that covers Jim Austin’s home at Rimrock Ranch is visually striking in its desert surroundings
- A pair of Arizona–based architects prove that sleeping in a pod is hardly an extraterrestrial experience.
- Though the obstacles they faced were formidable, this couple’s perserverance brought them closer together and made their dream home a reality.
- Few climates offer the extreme heat and extreme cold (all in one day) of the desert.
- Affordable gestures abound in this transformation of a dilapidated former duplex in the Texas Hill Country.
- A dramatic departure from your typical cabin on the lake, this unique retreat adds shades of black to a tiny island awash with local color.
- Though tricked out with high-tech touches, this house’s greenest feature is decidedly low tech: the family’s intention to make it their lifelong home.