A Modern Coastal Home in Stinson Beach
- Cantilevering is a frequent and defining feature of modernist architecture, perhaps most famously exemplified by Frank Lloyd Wright's 1935 masterpiece, Fallingwater.
- A place to catch morning rays or a bit of fresh air, balconies often become favorite spaces in modern homes. Click through the slideshow for a look at seven designs from the Dwell archive.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Spying a body of water—be it a placid lake, roaring ocean, glassy pond, or snaking river—from your bedroom window is one of the fairest sights one can see.
- Whether it is floating on a river in Ontario or a short walk to the beach in California, these five homes embrace the life aquatic.
- Vacation homes shouldn't be a pain—they should be low-maintenance places for respite. Here's how ten lakeside and beachfront retreats use the most low-maintenance of materials: wood.
- On New Zealand’s Great Barrier Island, two architects designed a petite holiday home that takes care of its own water, electricity, and sewage needs.
- From the deck of this waterfront house, the scenery is abuzz with Northern California wildlife–but there's not a utility bill in sight.