The Lowest Utility Bill on the Block
- From an environmentally conscious structure in Houston to a contemporary farmhouse in Cleburne, these homes in the Lone Star State show that Texas is just as much a modern design hub as it is a…
- Designed by his son and daughter-in-law, and largely built by his family and a host of neighborly helpers, Bill Weber’s new home is all about strengthening the ties that bind.
- As New Orleans struggles to get back on its feet, one architect learns from the past while building for the future.
- Relying on local materials, local craftsmen, and the land her family has farmed for over two centuries, a New Yorker rediscovers her Midwestern roots.
- On an eight-foot-wide site in London, architect Luke Tozer cleverly squeezed in a four-story home equipped with rain-water-harvesting and geothermal systems.
- A pair of Arizona–based architects prove that sleeping in a pod is hardly an extraterrestrial experience.
- From the deck of this waterfront house, the scenery is abuzz with Northern California wildlife–but there's not a utility bill in sight.
- New Orleans native Sherry-Lea Botop found herself in a unique position in 2005: The non-profit activist was, like many of her community members, housed in a shelter with her family while Hurricane…