- Many camps argue that communal living is the way of the future because of it's lower impact on the environment. Could you do it?
From a barn revival in the UK to a houseboat in Amsterdam to a bright small space in Bratislava and a sustainable glass house commune in Japan, the following homes comprise a brilliant showcase of international innovations in modern design.
- When plans for a prefab home flopped, Rian and Melissa Jorgensen were introduced to Jonathan Feldman of Feldman Architecture, whose custom design was able to deliver an environmentally conscious…
- It ain’t easy being green, but it’s worth the extra effort. Here, we share five sustainable homes that don’t skimp on design.
- There are thousands of architects and designers in the Dwell audience and beyond who are contemplating how they can help with the massive rebuilding effort that will soon get underway in…
Industrial designer and London–based Dwell contributor Virginia Gardiner shares the ins and outs of her low-cost, low-tech concept for a waterless toilet system.
- Michelle Lord is a visual artist based in Birmingham, England.
- Providing fresh, colorful alternatives to the plugged-in entertainment devices of today, these designs—including a couple of highlights from the Dwell Store—modernize classic pastimes and celebrate…