Let the Sun Shine In
- Americans expend as much energy on transportation as they do on powering their homes.
- By creatively manipulating the angles and levels of exterior surfaces on this modest Polish country house, architect Peter Kuczia achieved exceptionally high solar exposure, increasing its capacity…
- Out of 144 prospective applicants, 10 have been selected as finalists to move onto the next round for the Cradle to Cradle Product Innovation Challenge sponsored by the Schmidt Family Foundation and…
The material is 100 percent recycled glass and each shade represents a single waste stream, be it flat glass or water bottles, wine bottles or beer bottles.
We tried to mar Bio-Glass, cycling through soda, red wine, bleach, coffee, tea, juice, and mustard, and nothing left a blemish.
Clocking in at $100 per square foot for just the material, Bio-Glass costs mucho moolah.
- The BIO biennial in Ljubljana has been highlighting contemporary trends in international design for close to fifty years now, but not everyone on the global circuit might be aware of the diverse…
- These seven beautiful homes are harnessing the power of the sun and doing it with modern elegance.
- What do you get when you give a couple of designers unlimited creative license on a very limited budget? For Andrew Dunbar and Zoee Astrakhan, the possibilities were limitless.
HYmini is a handheld universal charger/adapter device that harnesses renewable wind power / solar power and conventional wall plug power to recharge digital gadgets.It stores energy collected from a wall plug, renewable DC input, wind and sun.