LEEDing the Way
+ Read Article
One day last April there was great excitement on Highland Avenue, a quiet, hilly street (on which this writer happens to live) of Craftsman bungalows and 1960s apartment buildings in the Ocean Park neighborhood of Santa Monica, California.
Showing image @current of @total
- Architect Jim Garrison of Brooklyn-based Garrison Architects was asked to design a lakeside retreat for visiting families at a boarding school for troubled teens, Star Commonwealth, in Albion,…
- Founded in 2004, Minnesota-based Hive Modular creates affordable high-end prefab homes that minimize exposure of building materials to the elements and boasts a process that delivers a shortened…
- In a German town known more for its medieval castle than its modern architecture, the JustK Haus is a prefab home fit for a family of six.
- For photographer Ed Reeve, building his own house had been a lifelong dream.
- Intelligent, appealing, and affordable, Charlie Lazor’s user-friendly FlatPak just might be the project that revolutionizes the prefab industry.
- If not for the dawn appearance of the bear, which came loping toward Maem Slater-Enns and her then six-month-old daughter as they sat contemplating the water, the Enns family might still be residing…
- In January 2003, we issued a challenge to 16 architects: Design a modern prefab home for $200,000.
- Project Manager Brad Liljequist chronicles the building of zHome, a ten-unit townhome in Issaquah, Washington—the first multifamily zero-energy community in the United States.