Green Planning in North Dakota
- In our October issue (on newsstands September 10), we tour developer Doug Burgum's green rooftop deck filed with local grasses and plants, LED-illuminated privacy screens, and a natural-gas…
- Wide-open spaces, welcoming attitudes, and a healthy respect for modernism: the American Midwest has much to offer. Here are 12 modern houses from the Heartland.
- I finally got my hands on a copy of contributing editor Marc Kristal's lush new book, Re:Crafted: Interpretations of Craft in Contemporary Architecture and Interiors, which was published by the…
- Cozy up with modern fireplaces for all kinds of spaces.
- The call of the wild is impossible to resist in these six patios, backyards, and gardens that offer a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- The season for pool parties, barbecues, and eating al fresco is afoot.
- Small spaces have been on our mind (check out our June 2009 "Think Smaller" issue), and they’ve also been on the minds of the American Institute of Architects.
- In this series, Sebastian Mariscal designs a home in Venice, California, that brings the outside in. We track the project from start to finish with future resident Michael Sylvester.