A Green Home to Last a Lifetime in Austin
- These five Austin homes from the Dwell archive combine sustainable design with contemporary ingenuity.
- Austin, Texas: Home to food trucks, live music, the first Whole Foods, and annual stomping grounds for the tech set, Austin also happens to have a kicking modern architecture scene.
- Ivy-covered houses conjure romantic thoughts of English cottages and times of yore but modern homes can benefit from a little lush greenery decoration too.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- If going green at home was so simple, everyone would do it right? And though it makes sense in theory, actually bringing a sustainable plan to life is often easier said than done.
- From locations like a microcourtyard in Virginia to a prefab glass-shelled retreat in summery Finland, these ten outdoor gardens will make you green with envy.
- A joyous moment: The site that Alba and Lopez discovered, on the developing southside of Santa Fe, offered the space, the views, and a promising pack of neighbors.
- Lance Hosey, co-author of the 2007 book Women in Green: Voices of Sustainable Design, led a panel at the South by Southwest Eco Conference in Austin last week with four women who are innovators…