A Green Approach
- With a sleek prototype in Emeryville, California, under its belt, Simpatico Homes sets out to redefine prefab's cost—and footprint.
- In Sydney’s cramped beachside suburbia, architect Steve Kennedy defied a small footprint and a terrible drought with a generous double-height extension and a cutting-edge custom-made…
- Six weeks after moving from a “gorgeous custom house with huge gardens” in a suburb of Auckland, New Zealand, into an apartment a few minutes from the city’s central business district, Roz Mawson…
- In the penultimate chapter of our series on the 100 most popular projects ever published in Dwell, a selection of homes including a few mid-century favorites, a tree house in Canada, and more.
- It may not be to Queen Anne's tastes, but 1234 Howard is true to its context.
- Kansas City is a sprawling 318 square miles. With the help of creative developers and architects, the three square miles that make up downtown are finally growing up.
- It ain’t easy being green, but it’s worth the extra effort. Here, we share five sustainable homes that don’t skimp on design.
- Interior and furniture designer Nick Dine—son of pop artist Jim Dine—has a love-hate relationship with his 2,000-square-foot Hudson Square condo loft.