- From a home with an expansive coastal view to a home set steeply amidst dappled maple canopies, these and more houses are built to withstand the elements.
- Sometimes architecture works best when it frames nature. These seven homes blur the boundaries between indoors and outdoors by opening up towards the ocean.
- After spending the weekend at the Monterey Design Conference, we have the beautiful coast of central California at top of mind.
- It ain’t easy being green, but it’s worth the extra effort. Here, we share five sustainable homes that don’t skimp on design.
- A wide expanse of glass is a classic hallmark of modern architecture, and with good reason: Walls and windows that blur the boundaries of indoor and outdoor spaces by employing glass create feelings…
- On Austin’s outskirts, where urban, industrial, and rural collide, lawyer and science-fiction author Chris Brown’s bunker-style home redefines modern city living.
- From the United States to Poland to South Korea, living roofs have taken off.
- On the roof, amidst an array of native wild grasses and shrubs, six banks holding 180 small thermal solar collection tubes provide hot water year-round.