A Fine Vintage
- What's it like to live inside an iconic house-museum? These impeccably-preserved residences highlight the work of six great modernist architects from the 20th century.
- Walter Gropius wanted the Hagerty House, his first commission in the United States, to be as close to the sea as possible.
- A dramatic house in Australia drew its architectural inspiration from Mies van der Rohe but got its color from fresh tomato sauce.
- Ever since studying the works of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe for my undergraduate degree in architecture at the University of Toronto, I have been in love with the 860-880 Lake Shore Drive apartments.
- Inside the storied Lafayette Park—the first urban-renewal project in the United States—in Detroit, Michigan, designed by German-American mid century architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, from our…
- Last month I was lucky enough to catch a viewing of The Glass House, a wonderful play that told the story of both Mies van der Rohe and Philip Johnson's glass houses.
- Second only to the Eames lounge chair and ottoman, the Arco lamp by Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni for Flos, with its super arc, is the classic go-to piece for the modern living room.
- Thanks to Matthew Hufft, their envelope-pushing architect and longtime friend, Hannah and Paul Catlett have a new home in southwestern Missouri that’s a fresh, unconventional take on the…