An Eichler-Inspired Modular Home in California
- Prefabrication can be used to solve anything from budget concerns to building obstacles. Packed with a range of sustainable features, these prefab homes tackle environmental issues, too.
- We are very pleased to present this gallery dedicated to our talented top finalists in our Water Wise competition, sponsored by Kohler. All the creative solutions made for a very difficult decision!
- These first forays into prefab structures helped catapult some of the leading firms specializing in the construction methodology.
- Architect Robert Swatt, designer of the GreenCity Lofts condo complex on the border of Oakland and Emeryville, California, makes no claim to longstanding environmental expertise.
- A place to catch morning rays or a bit of fresh air, balconies often become favorite spaces in modern homes. Click through the slideshow for a look at seven designs from the Dwell archive.
- There's nothing like waking up on a lazy Sunday morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and your favorite reading material, and heading to the sunniest room in the house to sip and relax in the natural…
- On January 23rd, at the Proxy in San Francisco, Dwell and Aether Apparel hosted the talk Prefab's Progress, the latest in our series of Dwell Conversations.
- When building a second home, most people don’t consider traveling farther than upstate. But the Taits built theirs 30 hours away on the coast of Tasmania.