Denver's Energy Efficient Home
John and Paige Damiano are snow worshippers. As the Colorado and New Mexico territory manager for Burton Snowboards, John depends on winter precipitation for his business, not to mention for family entertainment. While the pair waits all summer for the flakes to fall, they’ll be the first to tell you that their domestic comfort actually revolves around the sun.
@current / @total
- These seven beautiful homes are harnessing the power of the sun and doing it with modern elegance.
- Amidst the epic national parks and famous ski-resorts, modern architecture abounds in the Centennial state.
- One of our perennial favorite departments at Dwell is Off the Grid, our monthly section devoted to sustainable architecture, materials and techniques.
- See how two green cities match up in a head to head on our "green bowl" on architecture, design, and sustainable projects.
- From the United States to Poland to South Korea, living roofs have taken off.
- From New York to Los Angeles, these self-sufficient homes prove that you don't have to live in the middle of nowhere to be off-the-grid.
- In Holland, being green is not a choice, it's a governmentally enforced obligation. Architects Han van Zweiten and Gregory Kiss's project makes a case for obeying the law.
- Passive heating and cooling are both cost-efficient measures that ease a new residence's burden on the earth.