The Country's Best Yurt
- Since the 1930s Airstream trailers have served as the transport of choice for the globe’s cross-country travelers, retirees, and nomads.
- The yurt, one of the most ancient forms of shelter, has seen a resurgence in popularity among modernists in the last several years—Ecoshack’s Nomad Yurt is one of our favorites.
- In a German town known more for its medieval castle than its modern architecture, the JustK Haus is a prefab home fit for a family of six.
- A prefabricated shed sited on a Finnish island provides a perfect summer getaway.
- If not for the dawn appearance of the bear, which came loping toward Maem Slater-Enns and her then six-month-old daughter as they sat contemplating the water, the Enns family might still be residing…
- We’re heading into an uncertain future, but two things are clear: Technology is getting better and the environment is getting worse.
- Architects Simon Beames and Simon Dickens are worried.
- Affordable gestures abound in this transformation of a dilapidated former duplex in the Texas Hill Country.